So, it's time to add you or someone you know to the directory. Here are a few winning tips to create a powerful listing that not only gets attention, it gets clicks.
- You have 500 characters, use them wisely
- If you are prominent in a sub genre (science fiction, fantasy, cookbooks, etc.)- mention it. That will get picked up in search.
- Where are you from? Mention it.
- Avoid repetition. The listing will be headlined with the author's name- no need to repeat it multiple times in the description.
- A sentence bio, a sentence about the writing.
- Most popular book? mention it.
- Awards? Ones people would recognize, mention by name.
- No need to mention you live with a significant other or pets.
- Avoid dated information.
- Your URL does not need to be in your description, the listing headline will be a hyperlink to your website.
- The URL you provide can be any (personal website, Amazon link, etc.) but should not be dated information.
- Understand that listings reported as dead will be removed without notification. A new listing will need to be submitted to replace the removed listing.
- Submit seperate entries if you write in seperate genres- use that opportunity to customize the listing to the genre.
- select the check box "edited listing" if you are changing a listing already in the directory.